May 19, 2013 Comments Off on German Potato Salad
German Potato Salad
So good, you'll have the neighbors over just to impress them.
Write a review
- 3 C diced cooked red potatoes
- 1/2 C chopped celery
- 1/4 C chopped fresh parsley
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 2/3 C water
- 1 T all-purpose flour
- 1/4 C cider vinegar
- 2T granulated sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t dry mustard
- 2 t poppy seeds
- 1. In a medium bowl, combine potatoes, celery, and parsley.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, removing and discarding most of the fat as it accumulates in the pan. Add onion and sauté until onion is browned, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine water, flour, vinegar, sugar, and seasoning; stir into skillet mixture. Continue cooking, stirring constantly, over medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat.
- 4. Pour sauce over potato mixture. Toss gently to combine. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Skagit Valley's Best Produce http://svbest.com/